Saturday, March 3, 2012

Local-Social Deli Branding

Who says that you need rocket science to build a social following?


Part II.  I posted the photo above  while I was running Saturday evening errands (have you downloaded the Blogger app?). When I got home, I gave them a LIKE, wrote a FB Recommendation and found this photo on their Wall (caption: "Can you name these guys?"), which I then shared with my FB friends. 


Think about it: L&M Deli has been building a local Chelsea neighborhood brand since 1971. They're just now extending their brand into the social space -- earlier this week, in fact. And that's OK. 

They know who they are, and they know their customers. So Facebook is a logical place for L&M to launch a social brand -- because that's where their customers are hanging out. 

I'm careful about my FB Likes, especially businesses and large brands. But L&M is a local, dependable deli that delivers at least three times a week. That's a friendly business relationship. That deserves an authentic LIKE.


2 comments:

  1. Haha, I like their wall photo. It made me visit their FB page, they seem so friendly...probably the main element of their brand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a clever way of presenting themselves authentically -- other delis could learn a thing or two.

    ReplyDelete