Wednesday, February 29, 2012

From Sorority Sister to Fitness Maven



When trying to find a brand that has a social media voice, I thought of the Fit Femme. Who is the Fit Femme you ask?  The Fit Femme is a fitness instructor with her own classes in studio as well as online, nutritional counseling, and she even has an E-Book on her guide to fitness. She is also my friend and sorority sister Sylvia.

            I remember her when she first started working out in college and she has come such a long way to become the fitness guru she is now. How did she do it? Through hard word, dedication, and a social media branding campaign she has developed herself.

                        What social media outlets does she use? She started out on facebook where she posts motivational quotes (see one of the latest quotes she posted above), her thoughts, info about her classes and training, and links to articles and videos that are all about women’s fitness. She then expanded to twitter, posting videos of her classes on YouTube, and she even maintains a blog where she gives advice to all those with fitness questions as well as writes about all things fitness and nutritional whether it be a healthy recipe or the exercise of the week.

                        Most importantly, I know her voice aside from the Fit Femme brand and it sounds EXACTLY like the Sylvia I know. She has mastered the art of actually engaging in conversation with her followers rather than just giving them a message. If you’re interested in checking her out, click the link below:

http://www.thefitfem.com/index.php?/home/

5 comments:

  1. Very good example.
    Humanized voice, owning a niche, and so unique.
    I like the way she does her branding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Christine. I'm liking this on so many levels, but I'll isolate my comment to the subject of "voice" and "tone."

    I did a non-scientific experiment. I randomly read a handful of of Sylvia's posts. I wanted to absorb her written voice. Then, I watched some of her YouTube clips. Was the "voice" consistent? You bet they were.

    I'm going to share this with my "Using PR as a Marketing Tool" students. We're talking about thought leadership, and Sylvia's website showcases some of what we talked about this week.

    Question: Who, specifically, is Sylvia targeting? Or maybe 'where' is more appropriate? Does she targetd a specific region? Which marketing channels does she use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you liked it! She uses Facebook, YouTube, Twitter as far as I know. She teaches in Long Island predominantly and I'm sure she is expanding... any questions let me know (gonna share with her as she is gonna LOVE this)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing Christine. We hear often about big brands but it is interesting to see how a very small brand can build a very unique voice on social media! Congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! she's definitely done well in a short time... any fitness/nutritional questions you or any1 you know has give her a shout!

    ReplyDelete