Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Back



Lately, I've been seeing the new Fiat 500 (Cinquecento) on the road since its reintroduction to the U.S. market. I'm trying to decide if I like it. It's maybe a bit small for me, but it looks fun to drive, modern and zippy. I've checked some online reviews and they're saying the Fiat 500 is a fuel-efficient, more affordable sub-compact alternative to the Mini Cooper, with some intriguing design features. So that's all good. And overall improvements should translate into reliability. But if it's fun and sporty with an Italian design, does it really matter?

Decide for yourself. 






The Classic 500:



3 comments:

  1. After reading the post and watching the videos, I'm fairly certain that the post, at some level, represents a social extension of Kathleen's personal brand re: all-things Italy ....

    Then I thought that the post intends to showcase how Fiat taps PR and online video as a method for socially promoting Fiat's brand message as the vehicle re-enters America's highways.

    I also focused on the videos and noted how each media outlet-- KBB and Car & Driver -- covered the Fiat in its own distinctive brand voice & fashion. For online video that's easily spread from one person to the next, that's an important consideration for social brand development.

    But my big question is this: What did Car & Driver cover in Episode 1 and 2?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this car! But I have a feeling it won't do so well in the US where "big is better" seems to go with majority of lifestyle. It will be interesting to see how well it does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My initial thought was to see how a recent product introduction is using social media to attract attention - the Italian branding is always a plus :)

    Part of the Fiat 500 US relaunch includes an auction of the car on Twitter/TwitBid. Fiat also has a social media presence via Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, FriendFeed and delicious.

    ReplyDelete