Saturday, March 24, 2012

The famous "#"

This week in an attempt to discover more about the famous hashtags on Twitter for my personal use, I was also interested in what it could achieve from a viral marketing perspective for businesses. Then, I found this article on Mashable about 6 Successful Twitter Hashtag Campaigns.

It makes me realize how big are the opportunities with Twitter for brands! In the article, I have an absolute favorite: #kindofabigdeal and RadioShack. The campaign is creative just the way I like them to be and it actually had a proven track record: 80,000 tweets about @RadioShack!

I also learned that hashtag campaigns happen daily without any press coverage, usually because there isn’t any horror story to report (hashtag VS bashtag). So my question to all of you will be: Have you tweet (vs heard) about any other successful hashtag campaigns on Twitter?

2 comments:

  1. Josi, these are great examples, thanks for sharing. The White House campaign seemed particularly effective -- demonstrates the power of social media and how communicating directly with the public can influence behaviors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the user side, I was at a meetup event and they put out their sign for #tpgroup. I checked it and was able to connect with other people in the room and having a conversation on twitter right in the room which was really cool.

    ReplyDelete