Friday, February 24, 2012

So It’s The Weekend- Where to Go?


I always love to explore new places to go out in the city. As I am getting older it’s hard to find “good” places to go. Every wknd I go out some place different and tell all what I think about it... Figured this would be a great thing to share with all of you J



Latest escapade- Culture Club:

1.       First Impressions: AWESOME does not describe it. Going is like stepping back in time where Kevin Bacon was the hottest celebrity and we all wished we were Lori Singer in Foot Loose (at least I did).

2.       Cost: Cover charge is $20 w/ guestlist but it’s definitely worth it as it’s not the typical bar/club atmosphere. Drinks are a little pricy but not over the top and well made.

3.       Crowd: To my relief it’s a pretty mixed crowd. Age ranges from about 25 to 35 years old and all different nationalities. Types range from the preppy former frat boys currently residing in Murray Hill, to the Brooklyn hipsters, and even some born and raised Queens residents. Most are dressed in normal party attire however some go in all out in 80’s garb (I myself wore neon bangles out that night).

4.       Drinks- Have these themed drinks which are great! My recommendation would be to try the Baywatch or Ronald Reagan.

Overall- great place to try for either a group of your friends on a night out or even for a party (this place has Bachelorette party written all over it). Be prepared to spend money though (night can get pricey between the cover charges and mixed drinks).

Always looking for new places to try so any ideas let me know!!

It’s the weekend so stay tuned for a new review of a different place J

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are bringing me back to my Flashdance days with the off- the-shoulder sweathshirt and legwarmers. I love the music of the 80's...Cyndi Lauper, Pet Shop Boys, Blondie, Prince and of course the Footloose soundtrack. I must have watched that movie 100 times. I wanted to be Ariel (Lori Singer). I would probably love Culture Club for the music alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about nostalgia, I read "Culture Club," and the first image that popped in mind was this: Boy George.

    Your post brings up all kinds of questions about a personal brand. For example, you and John-David have personal brand elements that suggest active social lives and local gathering spots.

    Let's go a step deeper, though. Looking at copy and photos alone, my guess is that your personal brands are very different and would target completely different audience segments.

    Let's refine it a bit. Consider how you define "good," as in "good places to go?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback... A work in progress and will keep in mind for next post

    ReplyDelete