Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Power of Twitter

From all the popular social media tools,  for me, Twitter seemed the most difficult one to deal with. The character limitation, all those weird signs, short links etc...all looked so complicated and difficult to understand. This is why I was never that much interested to open a Twitter account. "What can I say in 140 characters, and who would care, anyway?"
I opened an account in the end, and after half of week of exploring I start changing my mind. It is a really cool tool. Looking around for people I know, that are already on Twitter, and themes that I am interested in, I bumped into this cool Infographic that gave me an answer in 30 sec. on what can Twitter do, and who is listening. It is actually a broader analysis on how companies are changing their policies/products due to consumer reactions on social media, but Twitter is a big part of it. What do you think about it? Which example do you like most? social consumer
Source: http://frugaldad.com





 





4 comments:

  1. I remember when I heard about the $5 debit card fee and I was outraged especially after the bailout. So, I was pleased to see how the consumer used SM to force the bank's hand. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reaction to the Coke campaign is interesting. I remember being unsure about the white cans with Polar bears -- I typically associate classic Coke with red so I can understand the confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netflix - Qwikster case was a disater , stock price fell down 60%

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite one is the one with Armani&Versace. It would have taken years for the change to happen without the social media campaign. This is what I call efficiency and measurable results :).

    ReplyDelete